|Jeff Bezos holds up the new Kindle Fire HD 7" and Kindle Fire HD 8.9"|
Amazon today announced that Kindle Fire HD 8.9" - the large-screen version of its best-selling tablet - is now available in the UK, Germany, France, Italy, Spain and Japan.
Kindle Fire HD 8.9" is the highest-resolution, largest-display Kindle Fire. Brought out to compete directly with Apple’s iPad, this new, larger tablet is designed for entertainment: web, apps, movies, games, books and magazines. Features include:
- Large 8.9" display has the highest resolution of any Kindle Fire (1920x1200, 254 ppi).
- Custom Dolby audio and dual stereo speakers for crisper sound.
- Over 23 million movies, TV shows, songs, magazines, books, and audiobooks.
- Popular apps and games.
- Ultra-fast web browsing and streaming with built-in dual-band, dual-antenna Wi-Fi.
- Front-facing HD camera for taking photos or making video calls.
- Exceptional battery life - Kindle Fire HD 8.9" gets 10 hours of battery life.
- Easy-to-use e-mail, calendar, and contacts for work or home, including Gmail, Hotmail, Exchange, and more.
- New Amazon-exclusive features like X-Ray for Movies, X-Ray for Textbooks, Immersion Reading, Whispersync for Voice and Whispersync for Games.
- Kindle FreeTime, a free, personalized tablet experience just for kids and exclusively available on Kindle Fire. Parents can set daily screen limits and give access to appropriate content for each child.
- "Buy Once, Enjoy Everywhere" so customers can use their Amazon content on any of their devices.